Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Are people fake?

Have you ever noticed how people almost never act the same way around other people as they would by themselves? Practically everyone lives separate lives between their friends and themselves. We put on our masks and hide form the world, putting on the illusion of conformity, while we scream to stand out. Do we feel ashamed of who we really are? Are we scared that others would think too much of us? Too little? Why do people feel the need to separate from themselves for the sake of publicity?
I have a mask. My mask is that of the fool, the dope who goes with the flow of the world. The truth is that I don't care much for our world. So many people are nothing but greedy slobs who care about nothing but what they can do for themselves. I let others think that I'm oblivious, ignorant except to what's in front of me. But I watch. I watch from the corner of my eye. I listen to the barely audible whispers. I know. I know what people think of me, I know what they say, I know their doubts, their fears, their joys and triumphs. I know. And that's enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment